There’s never a bad time for a thick, juicy steak. But there’s just something about the freshness of summer produce that makes you crave a delicious steak dinner. Check out 10 fresh and easy steak recipes that your whole family will love all summer long.
1. Teriyaki Skirt Steak
Thinly slice the skirt steak into strips before marinating to ensure a robust flavor. The key is to marinate overnight and allow the flavors to really marry. If you can’t find the sweet rice wine known as mirin, simply substitute sake and increase the amount of sugar by ½ teaspoon.
- 2-2 ½ pounds beef skirt steak, sliced
- 2-3 scallions, chopped (white and green parts)
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 ½ tablespoons mirin (rice wine)
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Dash of sesame oil
Whisk together all ingredients (except for steak) and pour into a zip-top bag. Add the sliced steak and marinate overnight. Preheat your grill or stovetop grill pan. Remove steak from bag, discarding extra marinade, and grill for 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Serve with jasmine rice or inside warm tortillas.