When it’s summer and the temperature has been rising, smoothie recipes are a great way to cool off. Besides, smoothies can replace full meals. These 5 smoothie recipes are suitable to replace meals with, taste amazing, and are quite refreshing on hot summer days.
1. Strawberry Chia Watermelon Smoothie
Make this cool-down treat for breakfast or a late-night.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh watermelon (cubed/black seeds removed)
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1/2 medium ripe banana (previously peeled/chopped and frozen)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 medium lime
- 1 tablespoon chia or hemp seeds (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, adding more almond milk to thin, or more frozen strawberries or ice to thicken.
- Top with additional chia seeds to mock watermelon seeds.