3. Pumpkin Cookies
Pumpkin cookies will perfectly match a hot cup of tea or coffee in cold autumn evenings. If you treat your friends or colleagues to it, they will definitely ask for some more. Wouldn`t it be the best compliment for you?
- Cuisine: American;
- Category: Desserts, Baking;
- Serves: 6-8;
- Prep Time:15 min;
- Cook time:35 min;
- Nutrition Per Serving: 125;
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 stick of softened unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups of sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons of minced candied ginger
- 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of milk
Cover 3 baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl. In another larger bowl beat the butter and sugar with a mixer until sugar dissolves. Add there the egg, vanilla, candied ginger and pumpkin puree. After it pour the mixed flour into the bowl and mix well.
Take a ice cream scoop or a tablespoon and place the batter on prepared sheets in equal portions. Smooth the tops with a bit wet finger. Bake the cookies for 15 minutes until risen and hard.
In another bowl mix the butter, confectioner`s sugar, milk until very smooth. Glaze the cookies while they are warm, pouring one tablespoon of glaze at every. When they get cool, cookies are ready to serve.