2. Korean Style BBQ Short Ribs
A favorite at Korean restaurants, Korean BBQ is surprisingly easy to recreate at home. Serve over sticky rice with crisp romaine lettuce leaves for rolling.
- Cuisine: Korean;
- Category: Main Dish;
- Serves: 4-6;
- Prep Time: 24 hr;
- Cook time: 7 min;
- Nutrition Per Serving: 710;
- 2 pounds Korean style short ribs (sometimes called Flanken ribs)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 3 green onions, chopped (whites and greens)
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Asian pear, peeled and grated
Mix all ingredients (except ribs) and place in a zip-top bag. Add meat and refrigerate overnight or for up to 24 hours. Remove meat from bag and set aside. Pour marinade into a saucepan and boil over low heat until thick.
Grill the ribs over medium-high heat, basting with boiled sauce 5-7 minutes per sauce. Serve the remaining sauce on the side.