I love grilling fruit. The natural sweetness creates a caramelized crust while slightly softening the texture of the fruit. Stone fruits in particular work very well. And since I just bought a bunch of white nectarines, I decided to have some fun with them and make sweet and savory appetizers.
I chose nectarines that were ripe but still a little firm, and threw them briefly on the grill. I wanted to make sure they didn’t become watery and mushy. Fruity, sweet flavors pair incredibly well with goat cheese, so I nestled the grilled nectarine wedges on thin slices of chèvre and a slightly toasted brioche.
To finish the appetizers, I drizzled the nectarines with date syrup and added a sprinkle of finely chopped garlic chives and flat-leaf parsley. They’re very easy to assemble and would make beautiful appetizers for your next summer party!
1. Info for Grilled Nectarine and Goat Cheese Appetizer Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 24
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Grilled Nectarine and Goat Cheese Appetizer Recipe
- 3 white nectarines, ripe but firm
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (or any neutral oil)
- 8 slices store-bought brioche, depending on the size of the slices
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- date syrup (see tips)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (or regular salt)
- 1 tablespoon garlic chives, snipped
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Remove the goat cheese from the refrigerator 30 minutes ahead of time to get it back to room temperature. Cut the cheese into 24 slices.
- Using a paring knife, cut each nectarine into 8 thin wedges. Twist and gently remove the stones from the nectarines. Using a (1-7/8” or 48-mm) scalloped-edge circle cutter, create 24 disks of brioche.
- Heat a grill pan and slightly toast the brioche disks on both sides. Place them on a serving platter. Set aside.
- Brush the grill pan with canola oil. Place the nectarine wedges on the hot grill. Cook until you get grill marks on both sides. Remove from the grill using tongs.
- Layer a slice of goat cheese on the toasted brioche, top with one wedge of grilled nectarines. Drizzle with date syrup and sprinkle a pinch of sea salt.
- Serve immediately.
- Repeat until all the ingredients are used.
- Garnish with parsley and garlic chives.
- Bon appétit!