These baked apples filled with buttery oat crumble make the perfect individual desserts to serve dinner party guests.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Baked Apple Crisp Stuffed Apples.
- Time: 1 hr 2 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 246.02 kcal
Ingredients for Baked Apple Crisp Stuffed Apples
- 4 medium baking apples (like Fuji or Granny Smith
- 4 Tbsp. flour
- 4 Tbsp. quick-cooking oats
- 4 Tbsp. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/4 tsp. apple pie spice or cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 8 tsp. butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- With a sharp paring knife, carefully carve a cavity out of each apple, leaving a 1/4-inch border around the edge and about 1/2-inch at the bottom. Discard the removed flesh and core. Arrange the apples cut side up in a 9-inch baking dish or pie plate.
- Place the flour, oats, brown sugar, spice, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir with a fork to combine. Drizzle the melted butter into the bowl, and mix until the mixture forms large crumbs.
- Spoon the streusel mixture evenly into each apple, packing it lightly and creating a mound at top.
- Bake the apples on middle rack of oven until extremely fork tender, and streusel is golden brown, 45-55 minutes.
- Check to see that apples are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow to cool 10-15 minutes before serving.