Cucumber sandwiches are the most delicious, easiest finger foods to make. All you need is sliced white bread, butter and of course, cucumbers. To enhance the flavor, I also spread a thin layer of parsley and garlic chive cream cheese spread.
We hosted a pool party today for Lya (my 13-year-old sis-in-law) and her classmates. I think everyone had fun, splashing in the water, chatting and reuniting right before school starts. They all seemed very hungry after swimming and the little cucumber sandwiches and other finger foods went fast!
1. Info for Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 32
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
- 16 slices bread
- 4 baby Persian cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2-½ cups curly parsley, tightly packed
- 2 tablespoons garlic chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon store-bought no-salt seasoning (blend of 21 spices and herbs)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Prepping the cucumbers: Cut the cucumbers into 1/16-inch thick slices with a mandoline. Spread onto a flat surface. Sprinkle with Kosher salt. Allow to rest for about 20 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Keeping a bright green color: Wash the parsley (stems included, because that’s where the flavor is the most potent). Quickly blanch it for about 5-10 seconds in boiling salted water and transfer to an ice bath, to maintain a bright green color. Drain thoroughly of all water and pat dry on paper towels. Coarsely chop the parsley; you’ll get approximately 3/4 cup of greens.
- For the cream cheese spread: In a blender, combine the greens, garlic, garlic chives, sea salt and oil until smooth. Add the green mixture to the cream cheese. Mix well. Set aside.
- For the butter: In a bowl, combine the butter and seasoning.
- Assembly time: Remove and discard the crust from the bread. Spread a very thin layer of butter on one side of 8 slices of bread and cream cheese spread on the rest of the bread. Layer the sandwich with cucumber slices onto the cream cheese. Sprinkle with black pepper. Close the sandwich with a second piece of bread spread with butter. Cut the sandwich in quarters.
- Serve with chips and some crudités (crunchy vegetables such as baby carrots, celery or asparagus). Your kids will ask for more!
- Bon appétit!