Buttery and nutty with notes of caramel, this white chocolate macadamia skillet cookie is an irresistible treat.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for White Chocolate Macadamia Skillet Cookie.
1. Info for White Chocolate Macadamia Skillet Cookie
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 390.03 kcal
2. Ingredients for White Chocolate Macadamia Skillet Cookie
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (115g per 1/2 cup, softened)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (100g per 1/2 cup, packed)
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar (38g per 3 Tbsp.)
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt (scant)
- 2 oz. macadamia nuts, roughly chopped (2 oz. per 1/2 cup)
- 4 oz. white chocolate chips or chunks (4 oz. = heaping 2/3 cup)
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Spray an 8-inch cast-iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Place the softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Use a mixer to cream together on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the egg and continue to beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, 30 seconds to one minute.
Add the flour, corn starch, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt to the bowl. Beat the mixture on medium speed until all ingredients are combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, as needed.
Fold the chopped macadamia nuts and white chocolate into the cookie dough until they are evenly distributed.
Transfer the cookie dough to the prepared cast-iron skillet. Use a spoon or clean hands to press the dough into an even layer.
Bake the cookie on middle rack of oven until golden brown at the edges and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 28-30 minutes.
Check to see that cookie is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Allow the cookie to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve the cookie warm directly from the skillet. Alternately, the cookie may be cooled to room temperature in the skillet, then cut into slices.