2. Refreshing Shrimp Ceviche
Serve this light and flavorful ceviche with tortilla chips or on tostadas with shredded lettuce.
- 1 pound small or medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 cup fresh lime juice, plus the zest of one lime
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 10 ripe plum tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 medium cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients in a large glass bowl or large zip-top bag. Let the ceviche marinate in the fridge overnight. Toss gently before serving. You can find different versions of ceviche throughout Mexico and South America. Mix it up by replacing the shrimp with finely diced tilapia filets, and adding a rib of celery (diced) and two chipotle peppers, drained and diced.