4. Juicy Grilled Salmon
Quick and delicious, this recipe takes the fish to the grill, keeping your kitchen clean and fresh. Serve with a fresh salad and grilled corn on the cob for a complete meal.
- 4 salmon steaks
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 3-4 green onions, chopped (white and green)
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
Combine oil, lemon juice, green onions, parsley, rosemary, thyme, and basil in a glass bowl. Whisk well. Set aside ¼ cup of the marinade and pour the rest over the salmon. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
Remove salmon and discard used marinade. Grill over medium-high heat, basting often with reserved marinade, for about 10 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily when cut with a fork.
Not a salmon fan? Use swordfish instead! Its meaty texture lends itself well to this marinade. Add ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper and the zest of one lemon to your marinade.