A strawberry banana smoothie is perfect when you need breakfast on the go. I whip up the drink with frozen strawberries and a banana whenever Lulu is running late. Strawberries aren’t quite in season yet, so frozen is your best bet. When you can get them fresh, this drink is even more delicious.
Besides being a vegetarian, Lulu is also lactose-intolerant, so it’s a challenge to make him calcium-rich food. I used almond milk and yogurt to deliver calcium without adding too much lactose. I also added a scoop of whey protein to fortify the drink with a little protein. I placed the smoothie in a cup that I sealed with a lid and added a straw.
Lulu left for work with a strawberry banana smoothie in his hand and a kiss on his cheek. I think that’s a pretty good way to start the day!
1. Info for Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 244 kcal
2. Ingredients for Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- 3 bananas
- 4 cups Greek yogurt
- juice of a tangerine
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup ice cubes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup agave nectar, depending on how sweet the fruits are
- 1 ounce whey protein powder (optional)
- 6 fresh strawberries, for garnish
- Combine the frozen strawberries, bananas, yogurt, tangerine juice, almond milk and ice cubes in a blender. Blend all the ingredients for about 2 minutes. While the mixture is blending, add the agave nectar, whey protein and vanilla extract. The consistency of the smoothie should be smooth and creamy.
- Pour into 6 small glasses. Finish with fresh strawberries for decoration if you like (make a small incision at the bottom of the fruit and place it on the rim of the glass)