Warm spiced apples and a crunchy streusel topping make this an ultimate comfort food dessert.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Apple Crisp.
1. Info for Apple Crisp
- Cook Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 533.69 kcal
2. Ingredients for Apple Crisp
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 medium Granny Smith apples (peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick)
- Lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar (more as needed)
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon (for apples)
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (plus 2 Tbsp.)
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon (for crumble)
- 3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt (large)
- 9 Tbsp. butter (melted, 1 stick plus 1 Tbsp.)
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Place the apple slices in a large mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix with a rubber spatula to coat apples. Taste the mixture and adjust the sugar as needed. Transfer the apples to prepared baking pan.
Place the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir with fork to combine. Drizzle the melted butter over mixture and use the fork to mix until ingredients are evenly moistened and large clumps form. Sprinkle the crumble evenly over apples.
Bake the apple crisp on middle rack of oven until dish bubbles at edges, a toothpick inserted in center pierces easily through apples, and topping is golden brown, 40-45 minutes. If during baking time the topping appears to be browning too quickly, loosely cover the dish with aluminum foil for the last 20 minutes or so.
Check to see that apple crisp is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Allow apple crisp to rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.