Colorful and delicious, this salad is the perfect side dish to go with Chinese BBQ ribs or grilled teriyaki kabobs.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Asian Coleslaw with Ginger Soy Dressing.
1. Info for Asian Coleslaw with Ginger Soy Dressing
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Servings: 9
- Calories: 171.75 kcal
2. Ingredients for Asian Coleslaw with Ginger Soy Dressing
- 1 bag (16 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1 cup thinly sliced (lengthwise), snow peas
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (cut on the diagonal)
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in matchstick size strips
- Garnish with peanuts, if desired
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, optional
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Sesame Seeds
- Combine Asian Coleslaw ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- For the dressing, whisk rice vinegar with soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and sesame oil in a medium size bowl. Continue to whisk and gradually drizzle in oil. Pour dressing over coleslaw and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
- Serving Suggestions:
- Garnish with additional minced green onion, fresh minced cilantro and chopped honey roasted peanuts,if desired.
- For a special presentation, top this beautiful salad with quick-fried rice noodles:
- Break 2 ounces of thin rice noodles into 2 batches. Place a double layer of paper towels on a plate. Heat 1-inch of canola oil in a large saucepan to 350°F. Add one batch of the noodles to the hot oil and cook until they puff up and whiten, about 5 seconds. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to the paper towels to drain. Repeat for the remaining noodles.