If adding bacon to chocolate chip cookies is wrong, we don’t want to be right.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Info for Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cook Time: 33 min
- Total Time: 33 min
- Servings: 12
- Calories: 376.12 kcal
Ingredients for Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 5 strips bacon
- 3/4 cup (172g) unsalted butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup (150g) light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups (245 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 scant tsp. salt
- 6 oz. (1 scant cup) chocolate chips or chunks
- Place two sheets of paper towels on a large plate, and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the bacon strips in the skillet and fry until brown and crisp, about 6-8 minutes, flipping once.
- Transfer the bacon strips to the paper towel-lined plate and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, crumble the bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- Place the softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract into the bowl of a stand mixer. Cream together the butter and sugars on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the egg and continue to beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the flour, corn starch, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl. Beat the mixture on medium speed for about 1 minute, until all ingredients are combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Add the chocolate and crumbled bacon to the bowl. Fold into the cookie dough until they are evenly distributed.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and transfer the cookie dough to the refrigerator. Allow the dough to chill for at least two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Form the cookie dough into 24 balls, and place on the lined baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies on middle rack of oven until they are just slightly golden brown on the edges and puffy on top, 10-13 minutes.
- Check to see that cookies are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the sheets, then transfer them to cooling racks to cool completely before serving.