Traditional Vietnamese Bahn Mi, with a twist.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Bahn Mi Tacos.
1. Info for Bahn Mi Tacos
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Servings: 5
2. Ingredients for Bahn Mi Tacos
- 10 flour tortillas (6-inch)
- 1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 Tbsp sugar (separated, 3 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp)
- 3 radishes (thinly sliced)
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sriracha
- Required Utensils: Large bowl, cutting board, chef’s knife, measuring cups, measuring spoons, three small bowls, wooden skewers, grill.
- In a large bowl, mix together fish sauce, 3 Tbsp sugar, and pepper.
- Cut pork tenderloin into thin strips and add to the marinade bowl. Toss to coat meat completely. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix together apple cider vinegar, 1 Tbsp sugar, salt, and water.
- Add sliced radishes to the vinegar mixture and place in refrigerator to quick pickle while preparing remainder of recipe (about 20 minutes).
- Mix together sriracha and mayo in a small bowl.
- Light grill and set to high heat.
- Take pork out of the refrigerator. Thread the pork strips onto skewers. Grill over high heat, turning until cooked, about 6 minutes total.
- Place pork in each tortilla, top with pickled radish slices, cucumber, and cilantro. Drizzle with sriracha mayo and enjoy.