This crunchy crusted baked cod tastes like a lighter take on fish and chips.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Baked Cod with Crunchy Panko Crust.
1. Info for Baked Cod with Crunchy Panko Crust
- Cook Time: 30 Min
- Total Time: 30 Min
- Servings: 3
- Calories: 258.76 kcal
2. Ingredients for Baked Cod with Crunchy Panko Crust
- 1 lb. fresh cod fillets (3–4 fillets per pound)
- 3/4 tsp. salt (for cod)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt (for crust)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Season the cod fillets on both sides with the salt and pepper and arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the panko, Parmesan, salt, and garlic powder in a mixing bowl. Drizzle the melted butter into the bowl and mix with a fork until the crumbs are thoroughly moistened.
- Spoon the panko mixture evenly over each cod fillet and gently pat it into an even layer.
- Bake the cod on middle rack of oven until the crust is golden brown and the fish flakes easily with a fork, 10-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Check to see that cod is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Plate the fillets and serve immediately.