This classic dish of beef and noodles in a creamy sauce comes together easily for a comforting meal.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Beef Stroganoff Casserole.
1. Info for Beef Stroganoff Casserole
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 45 min
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 576.09 kcal
2. Ingredients for Beef Stroganoff Casserole
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef (85% lean)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (for beef)
- 1/8 tsp. pepper (for beef)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese (small curd)
- 4 oz cream cheese (chopped into small pieces)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (for filling)
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper (for filling)
- 3 1/2 cups egg noodles (cooked and drained, about 8 oz. uncooked)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 Tbsp. parsley (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add the onion and cook until translucent, 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the ground beef and cook, stirring and breaking meat up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, 5-6 minutes. Once cooked, carefully drain any excess fat from pan. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato sauce, cottage cheese, cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cream cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes. Add the cooked noodles and toss to coat.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer. Top evenly with the cheese.
- Bake the casserole on middle rack of oven until bubbling, 20-25 minutes.
- Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the casserole to cool for 10 minutes. Serve garnished with parsley.