Simmer up Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage in a skillet to get your new favorite sauerkraut and sausage recipe.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Cabbage And Sauerkraut With Smoked Sausage.
1. Info for Cabbage And Sauerkraut With Smoked Sausage
- Cook Time: 1 hr 45 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 45 min
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 170 kcal
2. Ingredients for Cabbage And Sauerkraut With Smoked Sausage
- 1 package Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage
- ¼ pound bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into ½“ slices
- ½ head of cabbage cut into quarters and thinly sliced
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, drained
- 1 cup beer or non-alcoholic beer
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut sausage into ¼” slices; set aside. Cook bacon in 5-6 quart pan over medium heat until crisp. Add carrot and onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except sausage. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Cook sausage, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add sausage to cooked cabbage mixture. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove bay leaves and serve.