Cajun-spiced meal with shrimp, sausage, vegetables, and rice.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Cajun Shrimp, Sausage, and Vegetable Sheet Pan.
1. Info for Cajun Shrimp, Sausage, and Vegetable Sheet Pan
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total Time: 50 min
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 563.5 kcal
2. Ingredients for Cajun Shrimp, Sausage, and Vegetable Sheet Pan
- 1 1/2 cup long-grain rice
- 3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for rice)
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (for rice)
- 1 lb. raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 14 oz. pork sausage (or chicken sausage, sliced 1/2-inch)
- 2 zucchini (medium, sliced 1/4-inch)
- 2 yellow squash (medium, sliced 1/4-inch)
- 1/2 bunch of asparagus (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 red bell peppers (chopped into 1-inch chunks)
- 1 tsp. salt (for vegetables)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (for vegetables)
Combine the rice, water, salt, and olive oil in a rice cooker and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions. When done, hold the cooked rice on the warm setting until ready to serve.
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
In a large mixing bowl combine the shrimp, sausage, zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, bell peppers, salt, and pepper. Add the Cajun seasoning and olive oil and toss until coated.
Spread the mixture evenly between 2 large sheet pans.
Bake the sheet pan meal on middle rack of oven until shrimp are pink, sausage is cooked through, and vegetables are fork tender, 20-25 minutes.
Check to see that dish is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Allow to cool slightly, and serve over the finished rice. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.