Carrot cake for breakfast? Say no more.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Carrot Cake Bread.
1. Info for Carrot Cake Bread
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Servings: 10
- Calories: 282.92 kcal
2. Ingredients for Carrot Cake Bread
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (100g per 1/2 cup, packed)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (66g per 1/3 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce (80g per 1/3 cup)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or a blend of cinnamon, ginger powder, nutmeg, allspice and ground cloves)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt (scant)
- 1 1/3 cups finely grated carrots
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Place the canola oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Whisk vigorously until smooth and combined.
Add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Continue whisking until the mixture is just combined. Do not over-mix.
Fold in the grated carrots, raisins, and walnuts, then pour the batter into prepared the loaf pan.
Bake the bread on middle rack of oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 55-65 minutes.
Check to see that bread is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Allow the bread to rest in the pan for 10 minutes, then release the bread from the pan onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.