We call this a carrot ginger ‘elixir’ because just one serving gives you a spicy fresh kick any time of day. This is bound to be your new power pick-me-up.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Carrot Ginger Elixer.
1. Info for Carrot Ginger Elixer
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total Time: 7 min
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 59.88 kcal
2. Ingredients for Carrot Ginger Elixer
- 3 carrots (large (344 g), ends trimmed, scrubbed well and quartered)
- ½ apple (large (138 g), core removed)
- 2 tablespoons (19 g) ginger, scrubbed well (1 1” diameter x 2” long piece)
- 1 piece turmeric root ½” in diameter and 2 ½” long, scrubbed well
- ½ lemon (medium (30g) seeds removed skin and pith trimmed off)
- ½ teaspoon (3g) black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup (60 g) maple syrup
- 4 cups (944ml) water
- Add all ingredients to your KitchenAid® K400 blender, then turn to Juice mode, and blend for 45-60 seconds.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and shake well before serving. Juice is best when served chilled. For pulp-free juice, press juice through a cheesecloth.
- CHEF’S NOTES: If you cannot find fresh turmeric, the general rule of thumb for converting dried spice to fresh is 1 to 3. So, 1 teaspoon of dried spice is equal to 1 tablespoon of fresh.