Like indulging in a cheeseburger and fries but without the added carbs from a bun! This casserole is a mouthwatering mix of oven-roasted potatoes, ground beef, your favorite burger condiments, and a sprinkle of melty cheese.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Cheeseburger and Potato Casserole.
1. Info for Cheeseburger and Potato Casserole
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total Time: 50 min
- Servings: 10
- Calories: 294.98 kcal
2. Ingredients for Cheeseburger and Potato Casserole
- Nonstick cooking spray (for pan)
- 2 lb. Yukon gold potatoes (scrubbed clean)
- 1 yellow onion
- “2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for potatoes)
- Black pepper (to taste, for potatoes)
- Nonstick cooking spray (for beef)
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup (for beef)
- 2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt (for beef)
- Black pepper (to taste, for beef)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (for casserole)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (for topping)
- Green onion (minced, for serving)
- Ketchup (optional, for serving)
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Dice the potatoes into 3/4-inch pieces and place in the baking dish. Finely chop the onion and set aside.
Drizzle the olive oil over the potatoes and season with the garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Stir with a rubber spatula to coat the potatoes in oil.
Roast the potatoes on middle rack of oven until they are tender but slightly underdone and just starting to brown, about 15 minutes.
Spray an extra-large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and onion. Cook the beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks, until browned, 7-8 minutes. Add the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine and cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
Remove the potatoes from the oven and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the beef mixture, along with the shredded cheese. Fold to mix the beef and potatoes together and melt the cheese.
Transfer the beef and potato mixture to the baking dish and smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top.
Bake the casserole for on middle rack of oven until the cheese is melted and lightly golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Allow casserole to cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with minced green onion. Plate and serve immediately with additional ketchup, if desired.