Breakfast does not get easier than this casserole. Simply whisk 3 ingredients together with some salt and pepper, and bake!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Cheesy Egg and Hashbrown Casserole.
1. Info for Cheesy Egg and Hashbrown Casserole
- Cook Time: 1 Hr 0 Min
- Total Time: 1 Hr 0 Min
- Servings: 11
- Calories: 296.99 kcal
2. Ingredients for Cheesy Egg and Hashbrown Casserole
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1 (16oz.) bag frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 8oz. (2 cups) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and melt the butter. Once melted, add the thawed hash brown potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are slightly crisp and golden brown, 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper. Add the hash brown potatoes and shredded cheese. Fold with a rubber spatula to evenly distribute.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the casserole on middle rack of oven until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.
- Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow casserole to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Cut the casserole into squares, or simply spoon onto plates.