A super easy, extra-cheesy chicken and rice casserole safe for those following a gluten-free diet.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Cheesy Gluten-Free Chicken and Rice Casserole.
1. Info for Cheesy Gluten-Free Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total Time: 55 min
- Servings: 10
- Calories: 309.59 kcal
2. Ingredients for Cheesy Gluten-Free Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 4 cup cooked rice
- 3 cups cooked chicken (diced or shredded)
- 2 large scallions (minced)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (for casserole)
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz.)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (for topping)
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Combine the rice, chicken, scallions, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, evaporated milk, sour cream, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and smooth it into an even layer. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
Bake the casserole on middle rack of oven until the cheese is golden brown and the dish is gently bubbling at the edges, 40-45 minutes.
Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Allow the casserole to rest for 15 minutes before serving.