Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Chicken Tortilla Lime Soup.
1. Info for Chicken Tortilla Lime Soup
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Servings: 5
- Calories: 373.02 kcal
2. Ingredients for Chicken Tortilla Lime Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1 corn tortilla (6-8 inches in diameter), torn into pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced fire roasted tomatoes with juice
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced mild green chiles
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lime, juiced and peel grated
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1 cup tortilla chips
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and pinch of salt, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- While onion mixture is cooling, add torn tortilla, tomatoes, chiles, stock, chili powder, cumin, lime peel and juice, cilantro and 1 teaspoon salt to the blender jar. Add onion mixture, secure lid.
- Turn dial to Speed 1. Slowly increase speed to Max. Blend until completely smooth and rising steam is visible, about 5-6 minutes.
- Soup should be hot. Add chicken and tortilla chips and pulse 2-3 times on low to mix.
- Serve immediately, garnished with avocado and cheese. Pass lime wedges at table, if desired. To store, do not add tortilla chips; let cool, transfer to airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months, then add tortilla chips when reheating.