Soft, slightly tangy pound cake gets a deep chocolate makeover in this recipe. It’s delicious whether you eat it plain or pair it with fresh fruit and ice cream.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Chocolate Pound Cake.
1. Info for Chocolate Pound Cake
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Servings: 12
- Calories: 308.99 kcal
2. Ingredients for Chocolate Pound Cake
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened, at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream (at room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the ingredients together on medium speed until pale and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for 15-20 seconds after each egg has been added, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, until the mixture is combined. Add the sour cream and mix to combine well.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into the bowl. Beat the mixture on low, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, until it becomes a smooth, thick batter. Add the chocolate chips and mix until they are distributed, about 15 seconds.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the cake on middle rack of oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 60-75 minutes.
- Check to see that cake is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes. To release, run a butter knife between the edge of the cake and the pan. Turn the cake out onto a large plate.
- Allow the cake to cool for 1-2 hours before slicing and serving.