Refrigerated sugar cookie dough, birthday cake-flavored ice cream, and your favorite sprinkles are all you need to make these celebratory ice cream sandwiches. They are great for kids of all ages and are a great way to get the family involved in the kitchen.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Confetti Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches.
1. Info for Confetti Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
- Cook Time: 6 Hr 45 Min
- Total Time: 6 Hr 45 Min
- Servings: 12
2. Ingredients for Confetti Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
- sparkling sugar
- refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- birthday cake flavored ice cream
- candy sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 large sheet pans with parchment paper. Pour sparkling sugar into a small bowl. Shape each portion of cookie dough into a ball and roll in sugar. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared sheet pans.
- Bake cookies according to package directions or until they’re set and begin to turn golden brown on the bottoms, 10-14 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- While cookies bake, on a work surface, overlap 2 sheets of plastic wrap (each 18 inches long) to create a large rectangle. Quickly scoop ice cream onto the plastic wrap in a row about 15 inches long. Fold over one length of plastic wrap to cover the ice cream, then shape ice cream into a log 2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter (or the width of the cookies.) Wrap tightly and freeze until firm, 2-3 hours.
- Pour sprinkles into a shallow bowl. Unwrap ice cream and cut into 12 equal discs. Working in batches, place one disc onto the flat side of a cookie and top with another cookie, pressing gently to sandwich. Roll the edges in sprinkles, wrap with plastic wrap or parchment paper, and freeze while making the remaining sandwiches. Freeze at least 4 hours or ideally overnight. Ice cream sandwiches keep frozen up to 2 weeks.