Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Corn Potato Leek Chowder.
1. Info for Corn Potato Leek Chowder
- Cook Time: 31 min
- Total Time: 31 min
- Servings: 5
- Calories: 335.34 kcal
2. Ingredients for Corn Potato Leek Chowder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 leek, white and tender green parts only, chopped
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 1 ½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 ½ cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup white corn kernels (fresh or thawed frozen)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- About 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and celery and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes, stock and 1 teaspoon salt and stir to mix well. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover partially, reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. About 5 minutes before potatoes are ready, stir in 1 cup corn.
- Combine potato mixture and cream in Dual Wall jar of KitchenAid® Orion Blender. Secure lid and set blender to Soup setting. Blend until machine turns itself off.
- Alternatively, combine potato mixture and cream in blender as directed, secure lid and turn dial to Speed 1. Slowly increase speed to medium (Speed 5 or 6). Blend until completely smooth and rising steam is visible, about 4 minutes.
- Soup should be hot. If desired, return soup to saucepan, stir in 1/2 cup corn kernels and heat until kernels are warmed through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at once, garnished with chives. To store, let cool, transfer to airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.