For all the vegan garlic enthusiasts out there – this collard greens recipe will be sure to hit the spot!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Garlicky Vegan Collard Greens.
1. Info for Garlicky Vegan Collard Greens
- Cook Time: 2 Hr 0 Min
- Total Time: 2 Hr 0 Min
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 64.06 kcal
2. Ingredients for Garlicky Vegan Collard Greens
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion (finely diced)
- 8 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 bag chopped collard green leaves (3 lb. per bag)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegan buttery spread
Preheat the oven to 300°F.
Set a large Dutch oven or oven-safe pot over medium heat and pour in the olive oil. Once oil is hot, add the onion. Saute until the onion is lightly browned and softened, 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour the broth into the pot to deglaze the bottom.
Add the collard green leaves to the pot one handful at a time, stirring to coat in the broth and onions. Cook, stirring constantly, until the greens have wilted down, 4-5 minutes.
Add the apple cider vinegar, sugar, hot sauce, salt, and black pepper and stir into the greens. Place a lid tightly on the pot.
Bake the collards on middle rack of oven until they are very dark green and soft, 75-90 minutes.
Check to see that collard greens are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Stir the buttery spread into the collards, and serve immediately.