Don’t let this recipe’s length fool you. Especially if the Pineapple & Cucumber Salsa is made the day ahead, this flavorful tenderloin is very easy to fix. Serve with warm tortillas and hot rice.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Black Beans and Pineapple & Cucumber Salsa.
1. Info for Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Black Beans and Pineapple & Cucumber Salsa
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Servings: 4
2. Ingredients for Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Black Beans and Pineapple & Cucumber Salsa
- 1 tablespoon dried onion, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pork tenderloin, (about 1 pound), rubbed with Jerk Seasoning
- 2 15-oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- vegetable oil, as needed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt, to taste
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 20-oz can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 jalapeno chile, diced and seeded**
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- JERK SEASONING: Mix together dried minced onion, onion powder, crushed thyme, 1 tsp salt, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, 1 tsp black pepper, and 1/2 tsp cayenne. Makes enough to coat one whole pork tenderloin.
- PORK TENDERLOIN: Rub tenderloin with Jerk Seasoning. Place whole tenderloin in shallow roasting pan and roast in a 450 degree F. oven for 20-27 minutes, until internal temperature reads 145 degrees F. on a meat thermometer. Remove and let rest 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
- In large bowl, toss together beans, red onion, chili powder and cumin. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat, film with a little oil and stir-fry bean mixture until heated through, about 3-4 minutes. Toss bean mixture with 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste.
- PINEAPPLE & CUCUMBER SALSA: In medium bowl, stir together pineapple tidbits, cucumber, rice vinegar, olive oil, 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, jalapeno pepper (**use rubber gloves when handling pepper**), 1 tbs black pepper, and 4 tbs cilantro. Cover and let rest at room temperature for an hour to let flavors blend. Refrigerate for longer storage; bring to room temperature before serving. Makes 3 cups.