These decadent handheld treats are sure to be a hit. The classic trio of strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate ice cream is sandwiched between rich and fudgy brownies that start with a boxed mix. Ice cream sold in individual pints create three distinct ribbons of pink, white, and brown, but feel free to buy Neapolitan ice cream instead if you’d like.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Neapolitan Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches.
1. Info for Neapolitan Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Cook Time: 5 Hr 30 Min
- Total Time: 5 Hr 30 Min
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 650.27 kcal
2. Ingredients for Neapolitan Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- vegetable shortening
- fudge brownie mix
- vegetable oil
- large eggs
- strawberry ice cream
- vanilla ice cream
- chocolate ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with vegetable shortening.
- In a large bowl, mix together brownie mix, vegetable oil, eggs, and water according to package directions. Spread batter into an even layer in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake brownies until set, 20-22 minutes. Set pan on a wire rack and let brownies cool completely, about 1 hour.
- While brownies cool, spoon each kind of ice cream into a zip-top plastic bag or pastry bag. Re-freeze 1 hour, or until the ice cream is still pipeable but firm enough to hold its shape.
- Cut pan of brownies in half lengthwise. Then, with a wide spatula, remove one half from the pan to a work surface. (Cut the half brownie into two pieces first for easy removal.) Working quickly, snip off a corner from each bag of ice cream and pipe one at a time into lengthwise rows onto the brownie in the pan. Use a small offset spatula or knife to smooth ice cream into even layers. Top with remaining brownie half and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours or ideally overnight.
- Cut brownie stack into 8 rectangular ice cream sandwiches and serve immediately, or wrap individually and freeze until ready to serve. Ice cream sandwiches keep frozen up to 2 weeks.