A crisp-chewy, rich chocolate crust made with cocoa is filled with Vin Santo-inflected orange jelly in this sweet-meets-tart dessert that’s as pleasing to the palette as the eye. Have a slice, topped with powdered sugar, along with hot chocolate or a cup of bergamot-scented Earl Grey tea. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to a week. Bring the pie to room temperature before serving it.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Orange Jelly Pie in a Chocolate Crust.
1. Info for Orange Jelly Pie in a Chocolate Crust
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Servings: 4
2. Ingredients for Orange Jelly Pie in a Chocolate Crust
- 250 gr. flour
- 100 gr. powdered sugar
- 200 gr. butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. powdered chocolate
- Baking powder
- 1 jar of orange jelly
- 60 grams dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Vin Santo (may substitute with a sweet dessert wine)
- Beat the butter with the sugar.
- Beat the egg yolks with a tablespoon of water.
- Combine the flour with the cocoa and a pinch of baking powder.
- Quickly knead the ingredients together and let the dough rest for a few hours.
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter, add a few drops of Vin Santo, and combine with the orange jelly.
- Place the filling in the pie crust.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- Cool the pie completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.