Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Peri Peri Shredded Chicken Tacos.
1. Info for Peri Peri Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Servings: 12
- Calories: 378.56 kcal
2. Ingredients for Peri Peri Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 4 bird’s eye peppers (Thai peppers)
- 1/3 cup cilantro (packed)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup roasted red peppers (jarred)
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 10 tortillas (corn or flour; 5” diameter)
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (6-8 thighs)
- 1 large mango (fresh, ripe)
- 12 fresh mint leaves (minced)
- savoy cabbage
- Special Equipment: KitchenAid® K400 blender; KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer with paddle attachment.
- Place all sauce ingredients (4 birds eye peppers, 1/3 cilantro, 6 cloves garlic, 3/4 cup roasted red peppers, 1 tsp fresh oregano, 1/2 onion, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp salt, 2 Tbsp honey, 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, and 1 Tbsp white vinegar) into the KitchenAid® K400 blender and blend on speed 5 for 10 seconds.
- Preheat oven on broil setting. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken thighs and place them in a roasting pan. Pour about 2 tablespoons of sauce over the pieces. Then, using tongs, turn the pieces in the sauce to evenly coat/marinate all sides. When oven is ready, roast the chicken on broil for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and tops are charred.
- Remove chicken from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Then, put the chicken into the KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer bowl. Attach the paddle attachment to the stand mixer, and turn to speed 4 for 8-10 seconds (or until meat is shredded to preference). Remove meat from the stand mixer bowl and back into the roasting pan with the roasting juices.
- Prepare the garnishes. Remove the flesh of the mango and dice into small cubes. Place mango in a bowl and toss with freshly minced mint. Set aside. Then, thinly slice savoy cabbage. Set aside.
- Spoon the shredded chicken into warm tortillas and garnish with mango salsa and cabbage. Serve with extra peri peri sauce for drizzling over assembled tacos.