The hardest part of making these generously cinnamon-y treats is letting the pizza dough come to room temperature for an hour so the dough will relax. After that, they take only 45 minutes total time. If you happen to have any leftover cinnamon rolls, refrigerate them unglazed. To reheat, warm them in a 350° oven for 2 to 3 minutes and then spread with the glaze. For a twist, you can fill them with orange sugar made with orange zest and granulated sugar in place of the cinnamon.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Pizza Dough Muffin Pan Cinnamon Rolls.
1. Info for Pizza Dough Muffin Pan Cinnamon Rolls
- Cook Time: 1 hr 45 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 45 min
- Servings: 12
- Calories: 313.03 kcal
2. Ingredients for Pizza Dough Muffin Pan Cinnamon Rolls
- refrigerated pizza dough
- vegetable shortening
- granulated sugar
- packed brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- salted butter
- all-purpose flour
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- heavy cream
- vanilla extract
- Let the dough rest at room temperature for 1 hour. This makes the dough a lot easier to work with. It will be less likely to shrink back up after you try to stretch it.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Coat the wells of a 12-cup muffin pan with vegetable shortening or oil. (I place a little dab on a paper towels and swirl it around each cup for an even coating. This step is crucial; the cinnamon-sugar filling will ooze out and once it hardens, it can stick to the pan. Coating the cups with shortening means your cinnamon rolls will pop out easily.)
- Combine the sugars and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add the melted butter and stir until combined.
- Dust a work surface with flour. Pat and stretch the pizza dough to a 12- x 15-inch rectangle. Spread the cinnamon-sugar mixture all over the dough to the edges in an even layer.
- Starting on the long side, carefully roll up the dough tightly into a spiral. Cut the roll into 12 equal pieces, and place each into a muffin cup with the spirals facing up.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls until the centers are done, 15—20 minutes.
- While the rolls bake, make the cream cheese glaze. Beat the cream cheese at medium speed with a mixer until smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Gradually add the cream and vanilla and beat until smooth. (The key to a lump-free glaze is to allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature and gradually add the powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla while beating.)
- Spread glaze onto each roll, and serve warm.