Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Porchetta Sandwiches with Garlic Herb Mayo.
1. Info for Porchetta Sandwiches with Garlic Herb Mayo
- Cook Time: 12 hr
- Total Time: 12 hr
- Servings: 4
2. Ingredients for Porchetta Sandwiches with Garlic Herb Mayo
- 4 pound boneless pork butt (trimmed)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 1/4 cup minced garlic (about 12 garlic cloves, for pork)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (4-5 Tbsp.)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cloves minced garlic (for mayo)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh herbs (I like basil, parsley and chives)
- baguette (for serving)
- microgreens (or arugula, for serving)
- Place a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Take the pork butt and cut it (going with the grain) from top to bottom, so you have 2 equal size roasts. Take a sharp paring knife or blade and slice a few slits in the fat cap. Lay each roast on its side, take the knife and cut a few slits in the pork butt on both sides, every 1 inch or so.
- Sprinkle the 2 roasts all over with the kosher salt.
- In a bowl, combine the rosemary, thyme, sage, lemon zest, fennel seed, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Add the olive oil and stir to form a spreadable paste.
- Take the paste and rub it all over the pork and into the slits that you sliced. Take kitchen twine and tie both pork butt roasts into a more compact cylinder (as much as you can). Place the roasts on the wire rack on the baking sheet. Do not cover. Refrigerate overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Transfer the pork to a baking dish or higher rimmed baking sheet, setting them a few inches apart. Cover the dish with foil.
- Roast the pork for 2.5 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 180°F.
- Remove the pork from the oven. Increase the heat in the oven to 500°F. Transfer the pork to another clean baking sheet and gently cut the twine off the pork. Once the oven reaches 500°F, place the sheet with the pork (uncovered) in the oven and roast for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the inside reaches 190°F. Remove the pork and let it sit for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Slice super thin – almost shaved – to serve!
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread a baguette with the garlic herb mayo. Top with the greens. Add on the sliced porchetta. Top it with the bun and serve.