You’ll want to eat this moist spiced pumpkin coffee cake for breakfast year round!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Pumpkin Coffee Cake.
1. Info for Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Servings: 14
- Calories: 318.71 kcal
2. Ingredients for Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed, for cake)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (for cake)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (for cake)
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (for cake)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for cake)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (for crumble)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed, for crumble)
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar (for crumble)
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (for crumble)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (for crumble)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter (melted)
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Spray a 9-inch square pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Place the canola oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, eggs, pumpkin puree, and sour cream in a large mixing bowl. Whisk vigorously until smooth and combined.
Add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Continue whisking until a smooth batter forms.
Scrape the batter into the prepared pan with a rubber spatula and smooth it into an even layer.
Place the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a large mixing bowl and stir with a fork to combine. Drizzle the melted butter into the bowl and mix until the mixture forms large crumbs. Sprinkle crumble evenly over the cake batter.
Bake the coffee cake on middle rack of oven until topping is golden and a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 35-45 minutes.
Check to see that coffee cake is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes before serving. To store, place in a storage container or cover tightly with foil and keep at room temperature for 1-2 days, refrigerate up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.