Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Roasted Vegetable Baby Food.
1. Info for Roasted Vegetable Baby Food
- Cook Time: 46 min
- Total Time: 46 min
- Servings: 2
- Calories: 84.88 kcal
2. Ingredients for Roasted Vegetable Baby Food
- 1 to 2 cups root vegetable (or winter squash, chopped peeled; such as butternut squash, acorn squash, carrot, sweet potato, golden beet, or parsnip)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread vegetable of choice in single layer on baking sheet. Drizzle with oil (amount depends on amount of vegetable), toss to coat evenly and spread out again. Roast, stirring once or twice, until very soft, about 40 minutes (timing depends on type and maturity of vegetable). Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Transfer roasted vegetable to blender jar of KitchenAid® Pro Line® Blender. Secure lid and pulse 5 to 6 times on low to chop to chunky puree. Or turn dial to Speed 6 and blend to smooth puree, about 1 minute. Add a little water as needed to thin puree; amount depends on type vegetable.
- Serve at once, or let cool, transfer to airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or in freeze in ice-cube trays (for easy portioning) for up to 3 months.