This traditional corn casserole has been made lighter without sacrificing flavor.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Skinny Corn Casserole.
1. Info for Skinny Corn Casserole
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 361.46 kcal
2. Ingredients for Skinny Corn Casserole
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cup low-fat sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 Tbsp. butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup fine cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels (thawed and drained)
- 1 large scallion (minced)
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheese (for casserole)
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat cheese (for topping, if desired)
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Spray a 9- or 10-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Combine the low-fat sour cream (or Greek yogurt), eggs, and melted butter in a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon. Add the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until a smooth batter forms, then fold in corn kernels, scallion, and shredded cheese.
Pour the corn mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over top.
Bake the casserole on middle rack of oven until it is golden brown on top and set in the center, 45-50 minutes.
Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Allow the casserole to rest for 15 minutes before serving.