Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Thai Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce.
1. Info for Thai Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 45 min
- Servings: 5
- Calories: 382.44 kcal
2. Ingredients for Thai Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled roughly chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded and quartered
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup panko
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Hot water, if needed
- Place chicken on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze 20 minutes. Attach KitchenAid® Metal Food Grinder Attachment with coarse grinding plate to KitchenAid®Stand Mixer. Position mixer bowl under attachment. Turn to speed 4 and grind chicken, 3 cloves garlic, 1-inch piece ginger and 1 jalapeño.
- Remove food grinder and attach flat beater and mixer bowl to mixer. Add 1/4 cup green onion, 1 Tbs brown sugar, 2 tsp soy sauce, 1 Tbs curry paste, 1 Tbs vinegar, 2 Tbs lime juice, 2 Tbs cilantro and 1/4 cup panko, turn to Stir speed and mix until blended, about 30 seconds. Cover and chill for 45 minutes.
- Shape chicken mixture into 24 meatballs (about 1 1/2 tablespoons each) using wet hands. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs in batches and cook, turning often, until browned and cooked through, about 8 to 12 minutes. Add remaining oil to pan as needed.
- Place all ingredients for peanut sauce (1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter, 1 clove garlic, 2 tsp soy sauce, 1 Tbs lime juice, 1 tsp brown sugar, 1/2 tsp red chili flake) in medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add small amounts of hot water, if needed, to thin to desired consistency. Serve meatballs immediately peanut dipping sauce.