Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Toasted Coconut Ice Cream.
1. Info for Toasted Coconut Ice Cream
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 619.13 kcal
2. Ingredients for Toasted Coconut Ice Cream
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk (shake, then pour)
- 2 cups toasted shredded coconut (plus extra to serve)
- 1/4 cup pitted dates (chopped, firmly packed)
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 4 cups frozen bananas (sliced; see note)
- Throw the coconut milk, toasted coconut, dates, and coconut oil into your KitchenAid® blender in the order listed. Blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until the coconut and dates are pulverized.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender container and inside the lid, and add the frozen banana. Secure the lid, remove the center lid cap, and insert the tamper.
- Process on high for 20 to 30 seconds, using the tamper to guide the fruit through the blades until smooth, but still frozen.
- Scoop out and serve immediately like a frozen yogurt, or chill in the freezer for about 4 hours to firm up for a harder consistency. Do not freeze for much longer or ice crystals will develop.
- NOTE: Use ripe but not overripe bananas or the banana flavor will be too prominent.