Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Winter Squash and Apple Soup.
1. Info for Winter Squash and Apple Soup
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total Time: 55 min
- Servings: 5
- Calories: 167.55 kcal
2. Ingredients for Winter Squash and Apple Soup
- 1 medium butternut or other winter squash (1 3/4 pounds), peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large tart apple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Big pinch of kosher salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock, heated, plus more if needed
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place squash, onion and apple pieces on large baking sheet. Sprinkle with coriander, cumin, red pepper flakes and salt, drizzle with oil and toss to coat evenly. Roast, stirring occasionally, until tender, 30 to 45 minutes (timing will depend on variety and age of squash).
- Transfer roasted vegetables to Dual Wall jar of KitchenAid® Pro Line® Blender and add stock. Secure lid and set blender to Soup setting. Blend until machine turns itself off.
- Alternatively, combine ingredients in blender as directed, secure lid and turn dial to Speed 1. Slowly increase speed to high (Speed 10 or 11). Blend until completely smooth, about 2 minutes. Continue to blend until rising steam is visible, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Adjust thickness with more stock, if you like. Season to taste with salt. The soup should be hot. Serve at once, or let cool, transfer to airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Garnish Variations: Top with dollop of yogurt, sour cream or crème fraîche; with chopped fresh cilantro, thyme or flat-leaf parsley leaves; or with toasted pumpkin seeds.