4. Creamy Pesto Shrimp and Angel Hair
An Italian favorite, rich pesto sauce is a delicious change from marinara sauces. Look for jarred pesto sauce in the refrigerated pasta section of your grocery store.
- Cuisine: European;
- Category: Side Dish;
- Serves: 2-4;
- Prep Time:20 min;
- Cook time:15 min;
- Nutrition Per Serving: 373;
- 1 box angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups half and half or heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup pesto sauce
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. And half and half (or cream) and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in the Parmesan and pesto, stirring to combine well. Continue to stir and cook for 5 more minutes, until thick and creamy. Stir in the shrimp and continue cooking for another 6 minutes, or until the shrimp turns pink and opaque. Serve over warm pasta.
Mix it up: This bright and creamy sauce tastes just as good with any seafood. Try using crab meat, halibut filets or even swordfish steaks instead of the shrimp.