Heart Biscuits for Valentine's Day Recipe
Valentine's Day is a day to show love and affection to those we hold dear. One way to do this is by baking a special treat for your loved ones.
These heart-shaped biscuits are the perfect sweet and simple addition to your Valentine's Day celebration. Here's a recipe to make them at home.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour – 1 tablespoon baking powder – 1/4 teaspoon salt – 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened – 1/2 cup granulated sugar – 1 large egg – 2 teaspoons vanilla extract – 1/4 cup whole milk
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. 2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, until a dough forms.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out biscuits.
6. Place the biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. To decorate the cookies by flooding method, make a batch of royal icing following pack instructions, to a consistency that holds it shape but is still slightly fluid.
9. Divide the icing into small bowls and colour each using a few drops of the food colouring of your choice.
Recipe For Spicy Raw Thai Salad
Recipe For Paleo Almond Crusted Chicken Salad
32 Best Crockpot Recipes & Slow Cooker Meals for Dinner