Enchiladas are a staple in Mexican cuisine, and this recipe showcases the perfect combination of tender and juicy fillings wrapped in a warm and soft tortilla.
With a simple and easy-to-follow method, this recipe is perfect for any day of the week, from a quick weeknight dinner to a leisurely weekend brunch. So grab your ingredients and let's get started!
– 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
– 8-10 flour tortillas
– 2 cups enchilada sauce
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
– 1/2 cup diced onion
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Optional toppings: diced avocado, chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Stir in the shredded chicken, 1 cup of the enchilada sauce, 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese, and 1/2 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Warm the tortillas in a dry pan or in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
6. Spoon about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla, roll up, and place seam-side down in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
7. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas.
8. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the enchiladas are heated through.
10. Serve with desired toppings, such as diced avocado, chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, or sour cream. Enjoy!
Recipe For Spicy Raw Thai Salad
Recipe For Paleo Almond Crusted Chicken Salad
32 Best Crockpot Recipes & Slow Cooker Meals for Dinner