– 60 ml (¼ cup) grapeseed oil
– 24 curry leaves
– Pinch of freshly ground roasted cumin seeds, plus extra to serve
– 6 corn cobs, silks removed
– 80 gm butter, diced
– Pinch of freshly ground roasted cumin seeds
– For curry oil, heat oil to 130°C in a small saucepan. Place curry leaves in oil and fry until crisp. Carefully remove leaves, drain leaves on paper towel and season with cumin and salt to taste. Set aside until required. Curry oil will keep in a sealed container for a few days.
For corn custard, preheat a barbecue to high. Blanch 2 corn cobs in boiling salted water until tender (8-10 minutes). Drain, then grill, turning occasionally, until charred.
Add grilled kernels and butter, and stir until butter is completely melted. Season to taste with cumin and salt, and keep warm.
– Meanwhile, place snapper fillets on a lightly oiled plate that fits inside a steamer and steam over medium heat until cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 50-55°C (5-7 minutes).
– Divide custard among plates, top with snapper and fried curry leaves, and drizzle with curry oil. Season to taste with extra cumin and salt, and serve.
Wine suggestion by Gemma Gange: A rich oaked chardonnay, such as 2018 Polperro Chardonnay from the Mornington Peninsula, Vic.
Recipe For Spicy Raw Thai Salad
Recipe For Paleo Almond Crusted Chicken Salad
32 Best Crockpot Recipes & Slow Cooker Meals for Dinner