I love French cheeses. This week, I gave myself a treat and bought a wheel of triple cream Brie cheese. This particular cheese has an exquisite flavor and luscious, creamy texture because it is made with heavy cream as the base instead of only milk. I spread the soft, buttery, cheese onto sesame Persian bread and garnished the top with dried apricots and hazelnuts.
Even though the cheese appetizers contain exceptionally high fat content, I enjoyed every single bit. Serving them in small portions also helped me feel a lot less guilty! I just thought to myself, dried fruits are good for you; they’re full of fiber, plus they taste delicious with a juicy flavor. Hopefully they’ll counteract the calories of the Brie cheese!
1. Info for Apricot Brie Appetizer Recipe
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Servings: 28
- Calories: 129kcal
2. Ingredients for Apricot Brie Appetizer Recipe
- ½ slab Persian bread, depending on the size of the bread
- 8 ounces triple cream Brie cheese
- 28 dried apricots
- ¼ cup slightly toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons caramelized onions, freshly made
- 1 tablespoon garlic chives, snipped
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Remove the Brie cheese from the refrigerator 30 minutes ahead of time to bring it back to room temperature. Cut the cheese into 28 slices.
- Heat a grill pan and slightly toast the bread disks on the bottom side. Cut it into 28 bite-sized rectangles. Place them on a serving platter. Place a thin layer of caramelized onions. Set aside. In a bowl, combine the garlic chives, parsley and the remaining caramelized onions. Mix well.
- Layer a slice of Brie cheese on the toasted bread, top with one whole dried apricot and the onion mixture.
- Garnish with hazelnuts.
- Repeat until all the ingredients are used.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Bon appétit!