This butter is delicious on a piece of toasted bread, but would go wonderfully with pasta, fish or grilled veggies.
After making sweet potato tarte amandine and purple potato lavender white chocolate torte for my first cooking demonstration in front of a live audience recently, I had a lot of leftover high quality butter, so I decided to make a batch.
I prepared the flavored butter with artichoke hearts, a bit of sea salt, fresh basil leaves and lemon. It has a brightness to it that works well in almost any savory application. I’m planning on using the butter with a simple salt and pepper crusted steak.
1. Info for Artichoke Butter Recipe
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 175 kcal
2. Ingredients for Artichoke Butter Recipe
- ⅓ cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom honey (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- Chop the marinated artichokes into small pieces.
- In a stand-mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the honey (if using), garlic, lemon juice and herbs. Add the softened butter and artichokes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with more dill and parsley.
- Bon appétit!
4. Tips and advices:
- You could make cucumber tea sandwiches with the leftover flavored butter.