This is a recipe Maman made for baby Aria. It’s a quickly prepared homemade blueberry lemonade. She made it in a blender using blueberries, freshly squeezed lemons and loads of honey.
Every year, Maman and Papa spend their summer in Camargue, in the southern region of Arles, near the Mediterranean sea. And every year they stock up on extremely flavorful, artisanal honey.
This drink is not only delicious, but very healthful. Give it a try; it’s easy to follow!
1. Info for Blueberry Lemonade Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 4
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Blueberry Lemonade Recipe
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 6 tablespoons honey, to taste
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 quart ice cubes
- For the simple syrup: In a sauce pan, dissolve the honey in 2 cups water over high heat. Once the honey is well dissolved and the liquid is warm, stir well and turn off the heat. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- For the blueberries: In a blender, place the blueberries and add 1 cup water for easy flow. Filter through a coarse-mesh strainer. Transfer to a pitcher. Add 1 more cup of water to the blender, rinse it and add more liquid to the blender.
- Assembly: Pour the honey syrup into the blueberry juice. Add the lemon juice. Stir well. Adjust the sweetness with more ½ cup of water. Add the ice cubes and stir one more time. Refrigerate until fully chilled. Garnish with fresh blueberries.
- Serve over ice in pretty glasses.