Our favorite tofu company, Vinh Khang Tofu, has just opened a new location in San Jose, close to King road in Sunset plaza. We visited the shop and stocked up on loads of freshly pressed tofu for the week.
I used some of it to make this crispy yet still fluffy tofu with cauliflower. I’ve prepared tofu so many times over the years that I bet I could prepare a tofu stir fry dish with my eyes closed. I must admit though, that I’ve never tried it with cauliflower, and I have to say that I really like how it turned out. The cauliflower softened nicely and provided a nice contrast to the crispiness of the tofu. Definitely worth a try!
1. Info for Cauliflower Tofu Stir Fry Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 6
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Cauliflower Tofu Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 (12-ounce) package firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (or any neutral oil), as needed
- ½ teaspoon mushroom seasoning salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ large cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon chili bean sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetarian oyster sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- Prepping the cauliflower: To cut the head of the cauliflower into florets, remove and discard the stem and the green leaves. Cut into wedges from the bottom. Pull and separate the large florets manually. Preparing the tofu: Cut the tofu into 1¼-inch slices. In a wok, heat the oil. Pan-fry the slices on both sides until golden. The tofu should have a nice fried outer crust and still be moist inside. Using a spatula, cut the slices in half crosswise and pan-fry the sides until golden. Transfer the tofu onto paper towels. Sprinkle with mushroom seasoning salt. In the same wok, heat the oil and add the garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. As the garlic becomes slightly golden, add the cauliflower. Cook for 2 minutes. Add ¼ cup water and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Cook for 5 minutes until softened. In the same wok, add the tofu pieces, sugar, vegetarian oyster sauce, chili bean sauce and the remaining soy sauce. Stir constantly until all the sauce is evenly distributed. Toss well for 2-3 minutes and add cilantro. Check seasoning (add more salt if necessary). Add black pepper. Turn off the heat. Keep on the stove for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with more cilantro. Serve with jasmine brown rice (it’s healthier and as delicious as regular jasmine rice). Bon appétit!