We’re hosting a family gathering this weekend so my baby Aria can meet Papa’s entire family. To prep for the party, I experimented and made a few tartines today using leftover baguette bread, chèvre, sun-dried tomatoes, shallots, flat-leaf parsley and dill. Once the chèvre was warm, I sprinkled it with coarsely chopped sesame cashew nuts for extra crunch.
The reason I made these little appetizers is that my husband Lulu is a vegetarian. I’m going to serve a few vegetarian bites so Lulu won’t starve, but the main dishes are going to be all meat. Can’t wait to see everyone; we haven’t gathered every single member of Papa’s family in the same room since I was a little girl. Now all the cousins are all grown up and married with kids; it’s going to make me feel old for sure!
1. Info for Chevre Tartine Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 18
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Chevre Tartine Recipe
- 1 baguette bread, sliced in 18 even thick slices
- 2 cloves garlic, halved lengthwise
- ½ pound bûcherondin de chèvre, cut into 18 equal wedges
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ cup sesame honey cashew nuts, coarsely chopped
- For the grilled baguette: Lightly brush the baguette slices with olive oil. Place the pieces on a hot grill. Cook over medium heat until you get grill marks (about 2-3 minutes on each side). Remove from the grill. Rub slices of baguette against a cut clove of garlic.
- Finely mince the remaining garlic.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan. Add the shallots and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 6-7 minutes, until the shallots are softened. Add the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes; cook for an additional 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add dilll and parsley.
- Spread a spoonful of the sun-dried tomato mixture in the center of the baguette slices. Top with the cheese wedges.
- Place the crostini on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and place under the broiler (low setting) for 8 minutes until golden.
- Sprinkle with the cashew nuts. Serve warm.
- Bon appétit!